|Course Refference||Telescopic Handler (Above 12m)|
Provide the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the Forklift safely and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the CPCS Technical Test.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises covering;
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre – shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Re – fuelling systems
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Emergency controls
- Manoeuvring over uneven ground
- Operators safety code
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads
- Loading and Unloading flat bed lorries and at various heights