|Course Refference||Pedestrian Operated Tower Crane|
Provide the candidate with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Tower Crane and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Operate the crane safely in response to given tasks using outriggers where applicable.
- Respond to and work with a Slinger using recognised hand signals.
- Recognise defects and hazards that affect crane motions.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the CPCS Technical Test.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of Power point presentations and Videos covering;
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Controls and instruments
- Pre shift inspections
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Slinging and operating to signaller’s signs
- Effects of shock loading
- Operator Code of Safe Practice
- Automatic safe load indicator
- CPCS Technical Test Theory Element