No building site is complete without the dump truck. Dumpers handle difficult terrain and offer a large load capacity making it one of the most versatile machines on any site.
|Course Refference||Forward Tipping Dumper|
Provide the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Forward Tipping Dump Truck and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and the load.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Be able to position the vehicle for loading from and dumping into excavations.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the CPCS Technical Test.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of Power point presentations and Videos covering;
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre – shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Driving loading and unloading