Supervisors and managers with responsibility for supervising lifting operations who have sufficient experience of the use of cranes to meet the requirements specified in British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
This course will enable the candidate to undertake duties of a crane supervisor as defined by the appointed person, complying with legislation, regulations, Codes of Practice and industrial requirements.
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Personal responsibility
- Cranes: types and terms
- Crane documentation
- Crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- British Standard 7121
- Covers role of crane supervisor
- Covers role of appointed persons
- Preparing an area, with exclusion zones