|Course Refference||5 Day Industrial Fork Lift Course (Counterbalance or Reach truck)|
5 Day Industrial Fork Lift Course (Counterbalance or Reach truck).
Candidates who have had no previous experience with operating fork lift trucks i.e. a novice.
On completion the trainee will be expected to have attained a level of operating skill which will comply with the standard laid down in accordance with HSE Code of Practice L117.
Provide the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the Industrial Counterbalance and reach Forklift trucks and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 & other current relevant legislation.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations / exercises, all of which are highlighted by the use of OHP & Videos covering;
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre – shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Re – fuelling systems
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Emergency controls
- Operators safety code
- Handling loaded / unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads