PCV Passenger Vehicles, buses, Mini buses
To commence an PCV training course you will need a provisional PCV Licence. For this you must:
- Be 18 years of age.
- Hold a valid car licence.
- Be certified medically fit.
The different catagories of PCV Licence are listed below:
- D1 – Minibuses with between 9 and 16 passenger seats towing a trailer up to 750kg
- D1 + E – As for category D1 but towing a trailer over 750kg – total weight not more than 12000kg
- D – Bus with more than 16 passenger seats towing a trailer up to 750kg
- D + E – As for category D but towing a trailer over 750kg
All necessary arrangements including medical appointments and completion of application forms to enable you to obtain your provisional licence can be handled by our administrative staff.
PCV Courses Available
Online booking currently unavailable for PCV Course, we are taking manual booking though, please contact us for further information and reserve your place.
8 - 12 Hours: If you passed your car driving test after January 1997, you now need to pass a separate test for towing a trailer or caravan weighing over 750kg M.A.M. (Maximum Authorised Mass). Most horse boxes, caravans and snack vans weigh th [...]
5 days: Intensive courses are the fastest way possible to learn and gain a full UK car driving licence. Note: Theory & hazard perception tests must be passed prior to arrival.
8 - 12 Hours: People who obtained their car licence before January 1997 may hold a restricted D1 entitlement, but anyone wanting to drive for "Hire and Reward" will need to obtain full D1 minibus entitlement.