ADR Carriage of Dangerous Goods by road
Drivers of vehicles carrying dangerous goods in tanks and in packages must be in possession of an ADR vocational training certificate.
An ADR certificate is valid for 5 years.
Scottish Qualification Authority
SQA are the appointed agent of the Department for Transport. It is responsible for matters relating to approved centres, examinations, the issue of results and arrangements for the issue of ADR certificates to successful candidates. There will be a delay between taking the course and candidates receiving their certificate.
Classes of dangerous goods
There are nine classes of dangerous goods.
- Class 1 Explosives
- Class 2 Gases
- Class 3 Flammable Liquids Dangerous Goods Training
- Class 4 Flammable solids
- Class 5 Oxidisers Organic Peroxides Dangerous Goods Training
- Class 6 Toxics / Infectious
- Class 7 Radioactive Dangerous Goods Training
- Class 8 Corrosive Dangerous Goods Training
- Class 9 Miscellaneous