Ritchies Training Centre are very pleased to be able to offer MOD Servicemen and Women the City & Guilds (C&G) level 3 Certificate in Transporting Freight by Road (C&G Course Number 4012). We are registered with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) https://www.ctp.org.uk/ and the Enhanced Leaming Credits Administration Services (ELCAS) http://www.enhancedlearningcredits.com/ and our ELCAS Provider Number is:1625.
This course has been arranged with C&G to enable resettlement personnel to utilise their Enhanced Learning Credits (ELCs) to obtain a Level 3 Certificate. This course is ideal for those with some experience in driving duties and for those who are looking to progress into Supervisory Roles with an option of continuing through to Diploma Level and beyond.
In essence, the course is evidence based where you must be able to prove your experience by completing a Portfolio. To enable this, we offer,a variety of Logistics Courses which during training would beconsolidated as evidence by you the Trainee and witnessed by our Instructors who are qualified andregistered Assessors, plus we also have our own qualified Internal Verifiers.
You may have already completed a large amount of military Driver and Logistics Training and you mayhave a vast amount of experience in Administrative subjects. With that in mind, you might be able to provide Evidence of Prior Leaming (EPL), provided you have an up to date MOD Continued Professional Development (CPD) folder; which could be submitted and cross referenced by our Assessors during your course. The Assessor will then hold a Professional Discussion with you and map your future action plan.
Depending on your availability and time, you could select a number of the modules available and offered as part of the Level 3 Certificate. They are:
- Driver C+E Refresher-Conversion to Articulated Vehicle and/or Drawbar Combination. This courseoffers continuation training in modem Volvos with a choice of automatic or manual gearboxes, coupled
to box bodied semi-trailers or as a drawbar combination. You will be taught reversing onto a loading bay in ‘realistic conditions’, how to use the Digital Tachograph, Vehicle Walk Around checks, Defect Reporting and Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving. The list goes on.
- Driver C, Driver C+E or Driver PCV -Upgrade your driving qualification.
- Driver CPC -A must have qualification offered to all of our trainees.
- ADR-Dangerous Goods by Road -A must for those who want to enhance their CV and transport dangerous goods by road.
- Truck/LorryLoader (HIAB) -Another CV enhancer, useful for brick/block operations.
- Forklift-Counterbalance & Reach-Operator.
Why not give us a call on Glasgow 01415572212 and ask to speak to Craig or Stephen.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org We will be happy to discuss your requirements and steer you in the right direction.