For the month of July and August we are offering the following courses for £1700.00 inc VAT
Truck Mounted Crane
Training must be taken between 1st July and 31st August 2018.
Payment in full on time of booking.
(no further discounts )
We can now deliver training on the A77 Telehandler.
This is the upgraded version of the old A17D. We offer full day or half day training depending on experience.
For the novice we offer a 10 day course. Please contact us on 0141 557 2212 for further details.
For the month of October only we are offering our 360 JCB course at a Special 20% discounted price of £1384 (was £1730). Training must be booked and paid for in full in October using the special code of FBOCT20.
Training dates are from Oct 2017 to end Jan 2018.
For the month of September only we are offering our Truck Mounted Crane and Crawler Crane course at a Special 20% discounted price of £1672 ( was £2090). Training must be booked and paid for in full in Sept using the special code of FBSEPT20.
Training dates are from Oct 2017 to end Jan 2018.Please call 0141 557 2212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in Heavy Plant or Logistics as a career, come and chat to one of our staff for friendly good advice.
Why should you attend?
- Meet a Ritchies Training Instructor who recognise the skills and experience Service leavers and Ex-Military can offer.
- Network, network and network some more – whether you’re ready to apply for jobs or simply researching the market.
- A wide range of courses, from small to large, from across the Heavy Plant and Logistic industry sectors.
- The opportunity to chat with qualified staff, and other Service leavers who are now part of the Training Team and have went through the resettlement process.
We are proud to announce that NPORS is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. We would like to take this opportunity to thank them, for their continued support over the years and we look forward to the next 25 years. The scheme and its providers have come a long way since 1992 and with the NPORS card now more recognised and accepted than ever before we are confident that the scheme will continue to grow in the future.
Ritchies will be attending the Catterick Job & Careers Fair on the dates below. Come along and have a chat with our staff if you are looking to transition into the Driving or heavy Plant sector. Continue Reading
The beginning of July saw two soldiers from 26 Regiment Royal Artillery, enrol themselves onto the Level 3 City & Guilds Certificate here at the centre. Both soldiers who are in the process of transitioning from the Military to civilian street attended a 3 week course where they were both trained in areas of the transport industry. Not only attending their courses, they were also assessed on information required to progress with their logbooks.
Ritchies is a big supporter of the Armed Forces and was very happy to see that it was a member of the Armed Forces who had been their first candidates to enrol on the new certificate.
The beginning of the course saw both candidates put through their paces in driving, responding to problems, optimising the use of logistics operations and various other assessment criteria’.
Over the last few months Ritchies Training Centre Ltd has been working towards providing further training for its employees and candidates who pass through its gates. It has been in consultation with City & Guilds since January 2016 and has now finally been awarded their accreditation to fly the flag for them.
City & Guilds are a leading skill development organisation, providing services to employers, training, providers, colleges and trainees across a wide variety of sectors in the United Kingdom. They are focused on meeting the needs of today’s workplace.
Their qualifications are valued by employers around the world, helping individuals to develop their talents and abilities for career progression.
Ritchies Training Centre Ltd is one of the first if not the first centre in Scotland to offer a Level 2 Certificate & Level 3 Diploma in Driving Goods Vehicles ranging from Van too Articulated or Draw Bar Vehicles. These qualifications will allow Professional Drivers to enhance their skills and move up through the ranks in their profession.
Ritchies Training Centre Ltd offers high quality training for both practical and theory activities keeping up with industry and legislation with almost the latest equipment being used. This gives the learner the best opportunities to experience and gain knowledge on common industry equipment however the centre has a range of other training and assessment facilities for Fork Lift Truck, Construction plant, Driver Certificate of Professional Competence and ADR qualifications which are all taught to a high standard.
Here at Ritchies Training we frequently receive enquiries from people looking to start work as a forklift driver and who are unsure of the legal requirement to be certified. Such questions are a direct result of the fact that there is no formal forklift driving licence in the UK unlike a Category B licence to drive a car or Category C licence to drive a Heavy Goods Vehicle, both of which we provide here at our purpose built centre.
In our purpose built hangar we offer 3 types of Forklift Truck Training accredited by Independent Training Standards Scheme and Register (ITSSAR). These are broken down into three categories which are:
- Five-Day Course – The five-day course is also known as the full course. This is the one you will want if you have absolutely no formal training or hands-on experience with forklifts. You will spend five days at our training facility learning everything you need to know to pass the certification exam and go on to work safely and productively.
- Three-Day Course – We offer a three-day mini course for forklift drivers who have on-the-job experience but have never been through formal training or certification. This course is shorter because most drivers that enrol only need a minimal amount of training to prepare for the certification exam.
- One-Day Course – Finally, we offer a one-day refresher course aimed at experienced drivers who have already been trained and certified. Why do we offer it? Because even veteran drivers can benefit greatly from refresher training. This training can also be used for professional development purposes by employers.
We also offer in-house training with one of our fully qualified FLT Instructors for those companies who require training on their own premises. For more information on these courses please contact us on the contact information provided on our home page.